My Favorite Places in Rosemary Beach

 ROSEMARY BEACH, FLORIDA

 This destination is a place some may know as a commonplace for family & friend vacations, but for me, it is a safe haven, a place I can go to escape all of the craziness that has been going on in the world.


Rosemary Beach, FL Beach. Source: Wikimedia Commons

Ever since I can remember, this was my family's "Go to" location, because my grandparents permanently moved here after retirement. It is the place where we have our family reunions, holidays, and essentially where all of our fondest memories were made. As we continue to make memories of 10 AM-5 PM beach days of building sandcastles, boogie boarding in the rain, and playing Dominos after dinner, we oftentimes forget how lucky we are to have such a beautiful place to gather. 

Below is a photo of my most recent trip from this Summer with my mom. Due to covid-19, we stayed in a separate place from my grandparents, which was hard for us, but we had a great time (as usual)!

(Image information: Personal photo of my mom and I enjoying dinner at our favorite restaurant; Photo from July 2020). 

Not only does Rosemary beach hold our best memories, but it is also a place that we have created family traditions. Each Wednesday that we're there, we have a shrimp boil on my grandparent's back porch. Following the shrimp boil, we play a huge game of Dominos 😊this is my favorite memory. In addition, I enjoy riding my bike down my favorite road (we call it the "California lookout"). Below is a video link of my last bike ride down the California lookout. 

(Video information: Personal Video from July 2020).






Source
View of the Gulf of Mexico and beach from a house in Rosemary Beach, Florida. Miamireader- Own Work. Source: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Rosemary_Beach,_Florida_Beach_and_Gulf_of_Mexico.jpg#filelinks

Comments

  1. Oh wow, what a gorgeous coastline, Caroline! It's lovely! I have not heard of Rosemary Beach before... I am glad you got to go back there this summer even if, like everything else this summer, it was not the same as other trips. Now if only we could just visit the beautiful beaches of India as part of this class! And there are so many beaches in India! link
    ... and how cool that you included the video link for the video at your Google Drive: that worked great: I click and saw the video!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts