My Storybook Favorites

 STORYBOOK FAVORITES


Before clicking on this Storybook link, I was not sure what to expect, but once I got to the introduction, I kind of got a feel for what it was going to be about. The writer did a good job of capturing my attention by referencing well-known conspiracy theories that are known around campus. I was intrigued to read more about what ghost stories might lie beneath the surface of our campus and around the corner from where I live. When I began reading the "Huff" story, I was shocked to hear about the death of five students that occurred there "not too long ago", because I have never heard anyone talk about this. As I read more, I had a hard time believing this was a true story, but they did a good job of referring back to notes mentioned in the introduction. Overall, these stories were easy to navigate and the design of the pages represented the writer's story well. The ghost story set in the Bizzell Memorial Library was very creative, but I got lost in the details at times. I like how the writer put the author's note at the end of the story because I like knowing what he modeled his writing after. Personally, when I create my own Storybook project, I will also add in an author's note at the end. 


I chose to read this Storybook because I love food and cooking! I really enjoyed the aesthetic of this page because it's sleek and almost looks like a nice restaurant or food recipe blog. The introduction did a nice job of giving a summary of each story topic. I like how the writer spaced out the different sections because it was easier to determine what the content will be about. I think the length of these storybook posts were just right and worded properly. I was immediately interested in the "Sun Mango" story due to the nice photo and layout of the page. I think the writer did a great job of being creative and pulling in key aspects of the original storyline. 

Image Information: Slice White Yellow Cut Fruit Isolated Mango. Source: MaxPixel.

I was inspired by the last food Storybook post that I read, so I found another food post. I really like how this page looked like it could be a website that you could order off of and how it had different tabs for the different stories. The introduction was long, but it was entertaining for me to read because it was basically discussing all of the new recipes that she found throughout the process of making this Storybook post. I like how the writer made these posts personal and related the food and culture to her first-hand experiences as if she were blogging throughout her travels. This is something I might consider while working on my project because I felt like I was there, enjoying the food and destinations with the writer. I was intrigued by this blog to try cooking more Indian food and branch out of my taste bud comfort zone!

Comments

Popular Posts