Storybook Topic Brainstorm

STORYBOOK TOPIC BRAINSTORM

1. Yoga: I chose yoga because it is a practice that is very important to my everyday life. I find peace and value in yoga and meditation and have been practicing it for a long time now. Although I know a lot about yoga physically, I don't know near as much about history and am interested to hear about how Hinduism, Buddhism, and Jainism affect certain practices. I used to go to a studio called "We Yogis" and recognized some of the names mentioned in this Wikipedia article about Yogis. I'd like to learn about the stories of how sexuality correlates with yoga and religion. 

2. Food: As seen in my previous blog posts, I love food and cooking, so I'm eager to learn more about what types of food India has to offer. While reading about Kheer, the pudding made of rice and milk, which induced the birth of Dasharatha's four children on the first day of Ramayana, it reminded me of the chia seed pudding that I made for breakfast during the quarantine. Although it didn't have such effects on my body, I'm intrigued by how food has treasured meanings in Indian culture. 

Image Information: Personal photo of homemade chia seed pudding from May 2020.

3. Karma: This is a term that often thrown around in day-to-day life, but I want to know more about where karma is derived from. Where does it come from? Who is affected by it? Also, after reading Nirvana, I realized that it is a direct cause of rebirth from karma. 

4. Death Stories: I enjoy true crime, so any story relating to murder, mystery, or horror catches my attention. While researching, the Naraka is something that I know I'll want to dive deeper into. The unknowns of the underworld interest me because each religion seems to have its own outlook on what goes on there. 

Comments

Popular Posts