Week 11 Reading Notes

 The Turtle Who Couldn't Stop Talking

This is a story that I think I would have enjoyed as a child. I really like how this story creates a visual in the beginning because it allows me to understand where the story is taking place. Also, I like how the author jumped right in and did not do any explaining of the characters besides through the storytelling. This story is one that I would consider a nice, friendly story at the beginning, but just like the previous ones we have read, it ended in deceit and in a morbid way. Although the geese and the turtle became friends, one small mistake led to his death. 


Image Information: The Turtle Who Couldn't Stop Talking. Source: Flickr. 

Bibliography: Jataka Tales 'The Turtle Who Could n't Stop Talking' by Ellen C. Babbitt.

Comments

Popular Posts